Its really tasty, it just gives a crunchy texture to dishes. we just sprinkle some over the top.
The main Ingredient is toasted Manioc Flour, it has many names Cassava flour, Gari Flour and probably more I'm not aware of. Its not hard to find, even some big supermarkets have it now a days, but most of my corner shops also have it. As I said its mainly used to give dishes to dishes, but it can also be used to thicken up stews its a very versatile ingredient. Trust me, try it.
Write a review
- 200g Manioc flour (Gari Flour)
- 2 x Spring onions ( scallions for our American friends)
- half onion finely chopped
- Black pepper
- 4 x Hard boiled eggs
- 1 x fried plantain
- Vegetable oil
- Heat up 2 tbsp of oil in a pan, on medium heat.
- Add the onions and sweat them for a while.
- Add 200 gr of Manioc Flour and cook it for 2 minutes.
- Cut the hard boiled eggs into small pieces, add it to the pan.
- Dice the fried plantain into small cubes and add to the pan. The plantain will add a nice hint of sweetness to the dish.
- chop the spring onions, add it to the pan.
- season to taste.
Brazilian Chef http://www.brazilianchef.co.uk/
(Visited 87 times, 1 visits today)